Bucks New University
At Bucks, we offer a range of nationally and internationally recognised specialist degrees, all designed to help you achieve your goals.
Led by highly dedicated specialists with active research profiles, our employer-focused courses reflect the very latest thinking and practice. We strongly believe in work-related learning, committed to running courses that combine academic content with an industry focus in order to enhance the career development of sport industry professionals.
We offer a range of distance learning courses that are tailored for the sport industry, enabling you to minimise the amount of time spent away from work and fit your studies in around your busy schedule.
Over the past decade, we have created an enviable network of local, regional and national partnerships with clubs, associations, public and industrial bodies, firmly placing us at the centre of sporting life in the region.
Through the development of a range of sporting activities and partnerships, we support students, staff, the community and industry in the achievement of their sporting aspirations.
There are plenty of opportunities to engage with industry and the community and we actively encourage you to get involved.
If you are ambitious and looking for a qualification that is relevant to both you and the workplace, we can give you the skills to develop your dream career.
Please visit our website for a list of all our sports and fitness related programmes.
Did you know?
- Our courses are designed with input from top industry professionals, enabling you to develop the skills that are needed in the workplace.
- In the recent Research Assessment Exercise submission, over half of the University's research in sports-related studies was independently judged to be of a standard of international recognition or excellence.
- Bucks New University has forged a close educational partnership with London Wasps Rugby Club and is the main club partner for Wycombe Wanderers Football Club.
- Students have access to our outstanding gym, Human Performance Laboratory and dance studios.
- The University Gym is one of the best exercise facilities in the area and includes touchscreen cardio machines, a full audiovisual entertainment system and interactive exercise equipment.
- Thanks to the Sport for Fun project and the Big Deal package, Bucks students can participate in a wide range of sports, exercise and recreational activities for free.*
- Over 40 different sports teams play competitively at Bucks New University.
Our vision at Bucks is to be a university renowned for the support of sport and physical activity through academic provision, participation, achievement, and engagement with the local community and a diverse range of partners.
We boast excellent links with industry, associations and governing bodies of sport and the very nature of these partnerships enhances the way in which you gain knowledge and engage in activities at the University. As we involve staff from our industry partners in our lecture programmes, visits, work-based experience and other elements of delivery, you will be able to develop the skills that are needed in the workplace.
Developing partnerships is a key priority for Bucks New University in helping to drive our vision for sport. We currently have links with Wycombe Wanderers Football Club, Football Association, London Wasps Rugby Club, Berks, Bucks and Oxon Golf Partnership, The Institute for Sports, Parks and Leisure, Bucks Sport, Stoke Mandeville Institute of Sport and Education, Bisham Abbey, Ashridge Business School, plus local authorities, commercial providers or coaching-related services.
Our Sports and Fitness Centre offers a range of sports and exercise facilities, including a sports hall, gym, Human Performance Laboratory, treatment room and a dance studio - with the fitness centre fitted with cardio, resistance and loose fitness equipment. We also host regular exercise classes to suit all interests.
Our Human Performance Laboratory has state-of-the-art testing equipment to record and assess many human physiological responses. It is used for a variety of purposes, from the assessment of fitness to the search for optimum athletic performance.
Our sports facilities are staffed by fully-qualified fitness coaches, able to provide tailored training programmes, and there are many membership options to choose from.
*Please note that the Big Deal benefits package does not include free use of the University Gym.