Location: San Francisco, CA, United States
Take a starring role with A-listers at Madame Tussauds San Francisco!
Do you have the Magic in you to create memorable experiences all for the love of fun? Do you wish to cast a spell of laughter and enjoyment to the people around you? Want to join a team that creates smiles and memories globally on a daily basis? Then you have the magic to be Team Merlin at Madame Tussauds San Francisco!
About The Role
The Technician is a vital role to Team Merlin to ensure that all the fun and magic is being delivered at optimal level. On a daily basis, the Technician assists with the planned and reactive maintenance throughout the attraction to ensure the day-to-day operation is running smoothly, safely, and efficiently. Working with the Technical team, you will be responsible for maintaining all aspects of the attraction including the rides, cinema, equipment, and machinery.
* Maintain, repair and troubleshoot all aspects of the physical plant/facility equipment and machinery including: HVAC, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic and plumbing systems as well as rides and themed attractions.
* Able to utilize hands-on knowledge and experience to solve problems to sustain minimal downtime of rides and themed attractions for the maximum guest experience.
* Position functions will include: custodial duties, re-lamping & lighting systems, painting and wall repair, food and beverage equipment, shipping and receiving as well as exhibit setup and takedown.
* Responsibility to ensure compliance of Health, Safety & Security within the workplace and in line with the Group Policy (HS001).
* Perform other duties as assigned.
You will be highly self-motivated with previous maintenance experience, ideally hold a professional qualification in a mechanical or electrical field with experience maintaining a wide range of equipment including rides.
* Minimum of 2 years of service industry experience in a technical/themed environment. Specific experience to include: animation, automation, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical/electronics, and networks; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
* Experience of maintaining flexibility and the highest level of service in high-pressure and/or stressful situations.
* Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and multi-task as necessary.
* Desire to work in fast-paced environments.
* Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events.
2+ years of technical college. College degree preferred.
* While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand and walk for prolonged periods; use hands and fingers to grip, pinch, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; balance; reach, pull, push with hands and arms below head and frequently above head; ability to smell.
* The individual is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, hazardous chemicals, fluorescent lamps or batteries; hazardous waste; be exposed to a loud work environment.
About The Benefits
In return you will find a competitive salary and benefits package (including a medical, vision, dental, life insurance and 401(k) matching plan offering), share program opportunities, and benefit from free entry to all of our Merlin attractions which also extend to family and friends. In addition, you can expect continued growth of joining an exciting, global organization.
Madame Tussauds is the ultimate celebrity fun day out, where else can you get up close and personal with A-List celebrities, sporting legends, political heavyweights and historical icons and relive the lives, events and moments that made the world talk about them.
Merlin Entertainments, plc. is a business built on fun. We are the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator. We operate over 100 attractions, eight hotels and three holiday villages in 22 countries across four continents and we run some of the best known names in global leisure. These include the likes of SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, the Dungeons, the Eye brand, and LEGOLAND. Whether you are serving delicious food, working in the office, maintaining the attractions, entertaining guest or operating rides, the objective is to provide a truly memorable experience and a great day out for all members of the family.