Location: Las Vegas, NV, United States
We are Madame Tussauds Las Vegas and we are part of the magical Merlin Entertainments!
Do you have the Magic in you to create memorable experiences all for the love of fun? Do you wish to cast a spell of laughter and enjoyment to the people around you? Want to join a team that creates smiles and memories globally on a daily basis? Then you have the magic to be Team Merlin at Madame Tussauds Las Vegas!
About The Role
We are now looking for a experience General Manager with key focus on the strategic and operation leadership of our dynamic attraction. You will be responsible for delivering and continuous development of financial, brand and quality, and customer targets as set out in the overall company vision and strategy. You will also need to lead and develop your team and establish yourself quickly with a high-profile role in local commerce and tourism bodies and the local community for the benefit of the business.
Please Note: this position requires previous senior level management within an entertainment venue, visitor attraction, hotel, theme park, or museum.
* Proposes budgeted annual profit (EBITDA) for the attraction.
* Proposes business plan, CAPEX and budget strategies for the attraction.
* Implements relevant health and safety legislations and requirements for the attraction.
* Runs the day to day operation of the attraction to ensure the highest operational standards and product excellence.
* Ensures strong and co-ordinated delivery of attraction marketing strategies by working with the marketing teams.
* Implements consistent operation of all financial controls achieving minimum standards set by internal audit.
* Ensure all Capex projects are rationally justified, delivered on time, on budget and to desired specifications.
* Lead daily team briefings and demonstrate the group values at every opportunity.
* Reviews and approves preparation of accounting analysis for all capital expenditures.
* Controls costs to ensure margin consistency.
* Reduces total costs as a percentage of turn over to ensure enhanced margin performance.
* Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast dates.
* Leads the budget planning process.
* Responsible for the day-to-day activities of the attraction.
* Responsible for the delivery of KPI’s and mystery shop reports that meet and or exceed budget.
* Demonstrates a passion for excellent guest service and lead the whole of the team towards the same goal.
* Acts as the spokesperson for the attraction for significant PR events.
* Leads the delivery of the team briefings.
* Demonstrates excellent commercial awareness and strong P & L knowledge and use this to establish clear and consistent targets
* Contributes towards the marketing strategy and the brand product development particularly promotions and guest numbers to balance the commercial aspirations with the need to deliver improved guest service
* Motivates and coaches staff throughout the attraction to maximise sales opportunities and ensure secondary spend targets are met.
* Works with marketing team to implement brand delivery actions throughout attraction.
* Represents the attraction within monthly marketing reviews.
* Ambassador Attraction and become an active participant within local and regional tourism forums building partnerships and beneficial opportunities.
* Host attraction visits with, Divisional Director, Regional General Manager and members of Merlin’s Executive as appropriate.
* To lead/direct management team by agreeing innovative ways to continually keep the vision fresh and motivating which will then be cascaded to the entire attraction.
* Develops direct reports
* Ensures all employees are included in the Merlin PDP scheme and set reviews are conducted in a timely and responsible manner.
* Creates a culture of trust and empowerment.
* Works closely with the HR Manager to develop and implement HR strategies.
* Leads by example and is the perfect role model for all customer-facing staff to follow.
* Adopts an enthusiastic, assertive and passionate approach to Customer Service, and demonstrates the Group values at every opportunity.
* Actively encourages and supports new and innovative ideas from all team members on how to improve the business.
* Through our vision and values, support and direct managers to meet the objectives set and in doing so these objectives must be cascaded down to the teams.
* Minimum 5 years of senior operations/general management experience within a visitor attraction, theme park, museum, hotel, theater or entertainment capacity.
* Leadership experience within a business of 1 million+ annual revenue and/or 50+ employees.
* Knowledge of financial reporting, budgets, and forecasting.
* Knowledge of marketing, health and safety, and HR preferred.
* Engaging personality. Ability to think strategically and solutions and improvement focused.
* Strong computer skills. Ability to utilize standard software applications to include MS Office suite and advance excel skills a plus.
* Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and multi-task as necessary.
* Possess strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
* Desire to work in fast-paced environments.
* Must be flexible to work shifts outside normal business hours, may include some weekends, and holidays.
Job opportunities with Merlin Entertainments
Location: London, United Kingdom
brand: The Dungeons
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
brand: Alton Towers Theme Park
Location: Staffordshire, United Kingdom
brand: Legoland Discovery Centre
Location: Kansas City, MO, United States
brand: Madame Tussauds
Location: New York, NY, United States
brand: Madame Tussauds
Location: Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA, United States
brand: Sea Life
Location: Orlando, FL, United States
brand: Legoland Discovery Centre
Location: Boston, MA, United States