Location: Hollywood, FL, United States
Take a starring role with A-listers at Madame Tussauds Hollywood!
Do you have the Magic in you to create memorable experiences all for the love of fun? Do you wish to cast a spell of laughter and enjoyment to the people around you? Want to join a team that creates smiles and memories globally on a daily basis? Then you have the magic to be Team Merlin at Madame Tussauds Hollywood!
About The Role
The Facilities Manager is a vital role to Team Merlin to ensure all the fun and magic is being delivered at optimal level. On a daily basis, the Facilities Manager supervises the day-to-day maintenance of all facilities operations including mechanical, cleaning, electrical, HVAC, painting, carpentry and equipment maintenance. Responsibility extends to the safety of guests and team members, which includes all aspects of OSHA, LA City, LA County and CA code.
* Acts as the Health and Safety face of the business ensuring it’s the #1 priority and delivering a safe environment for staff, visitors and contractors.
* Takes a pro-active role in the resolution of maintenance and technical issues.
* Ensures Madame Tussauds Hollywood is a world class environment for our guests.
* Takes ownership of the premises overall and liaises with both landlord and subtenants maintenance personnel.
* Responsible for overall risk management including the creation of and collation of risk assessments throughout the attraction.
* Ensures machinery, appliances and equipment are operational, well maintained and all relevant inspections are completed for compliance.
* Responsible for the ordering of stock, ensuring essential supplies and spare parts are readily available.
* Manages all work orders and prioritizes jobs to ensure timely completion of repairs.
* Schedules and manages contracted professional services including service contracts, including but not limited to elevators and HVAC.
* Manages the annual expense budget including the procurement of best value services and supplies.
* Assists in establishing and executing preventative maintenance programs, including emergency repair strategies.
* Ensures compliance with company maintenance, safety and security procedures by following established OSHA, LA City, LA County and CA Code guidelines.
* Ensures that the maintenance technician and EVS Staff follow company policies and procedures at all times.
* Set’s goals, objectives and manages performance through the Merlin PDP process.
* Stays abreast of updated technical information and industry standards.
* Stays informed of governmental, state and local regulations and ensure compliance.
* Conducts staff meetings for the purpose of directing, training and motivating department personnel
* Creates and maintains an atmosphere of teamwork within the facilities/EVS department
* Proactively evaluates methods, procedures and implements standards to drive safety, service, quality and efficiency.
You will be highly self-motivated with previous maintenance experience, ideally hold a professional qualification in a mechanical or electrical field with experience maintaining a wide range of equipment.
* Relevant experience in facilities maintenance with well-rounded knowledge of all required trades and skills including an understanding of preventive maintenance systems.
* Related course work and certifications and relevant qualifications preferred.
* Must have valid Drivers License, safe driving record, and be willing to utilize own vehicle for business purposes. Mileage is reimbursed.
* Knowledge of environmental issues, including CFC and Haz Mat regulations is required.
* Computer literate with MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Requires a minimum of 5 years maintenance/technical experience including HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing and preventive maintenance.
* At least 3 years of supervisory or management experience.
* Ability to read blueprints.
* Demonstrated ability to react under pressure and in emergency situations in a calm, rational manner.
* Has the ability to effectively follow and give directions, and effective decision-making skills
* Maintains a high level of professional appearance, demeanor, ethics and image of self and subordinates.
About The Benefits
You will find a competitive salary and benefits package (including a medical, vision, dental, life insurance and 401(k) matching plan offering), share program opportunities, and benefit from free entry to all of our Merlin attractions which also extend to family and friends. In addition, you can expect continued growth of joining an exciting, global organization.
Madame Tussauds is the ultimate celebrity fun day out, where else can you get up close and personal with A-List celebrities, sporting legends, political heavyweights and historical icons and relive the lives, events and moments that made the world talk about them.
Merlin Entertainments, plc is a business built on fun. We are the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator. We operate over 100 attractions, eight hotels and three holiday villages in 22 countries across four continents and we run some of the best known names in global leisure. These include the likes of SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, the Dungeons, the Eye brand, and LEGOLAND. Whether you are serving delicious food, working in the office, maintaining the attractions, entertaining guest or operating rides, the objective is to provide a truly memorable experience and a great day out for all members of the family.
Job opportunities with Merlin Entertainments
Location: London, United Kingdom
brand: The Dungeons
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
brand: Alton Towers Theme Park
Location: Staffordshire, United Kingdom
brand: Legoland Discovery Centre
Location: Kansas City, MO, United States
brand: Madame Tussauds
Location: New York, NY, United States
brand: Madame Tussauds
Location: Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA, United States
brand: Sea Life
Location: Orlando, FL, United States
brand: Legoland Discovery Centre
Location: Boston, MA, United States