Performance Team Leader
Location: San Francisco, CA, United States
We are The San Francisco Dungeon and we are part of the magical Merlin Entertainments!
Being scared has never been more fun. Do you have the Magic in you to create memorable experiences? Do you wish to cast a spell of fright, laughter, and enjoyment to the people around you? Want to join a team that creates smiles and memories globally on a daily basis. Then you have the magic to be Team Merlin at The San Francisco Dungeon!
About The Role
Ensure the day-to-day delivery of world-class guest service, by contributing to and overseeing the smooth and safe running of all areas inside the attraction. Maintain exceptionally high theatrical performance standards within the department, through show and costume quality monitoring, confirming that the Performance Team delivers and exceeds Merlin’s standards of service. Assist the trainers through training and close performance work in areas such as * character development, physical and vocal performance, improvisation and Guest interaction while supporting the Performance Manager in maintaining a unique and memorable ‘guest experience’. Support the Operations Team by acting as a Duty Manager as needed.
* Lead the Performance Team in its goal of delivering unique, memorable and rewarding experiences to all our guests.
* Work closely with the Performance Manager to support and enhance the unique ‘guest experience’ including improvement on KPI scores and helping with new and seasonal show creation and implementation.
* Plan and run the daily routines of the Performance Team through the creation of ROTAs.
* Maintain the high levels of theatrical performance within the Dungeon, through continuous monitoring and evaluation of the team.
* Ensure the highest possible standards of guest service, presentation, technical operation and health and safety in all operational areas of the San Francisco Dungeon.
* Engage with the Performance Team on a daily basis, proactively and effectively, dealing with any problems, arising issues and other matters that are of relevance to the department while promoting honesty, integrity and professionalism.
* Help ensure the efficient operational running of the Performance Department through required administrative duties.
* Maintain confidentiality at all times with the Cluster Management Team.
* Assumes position of Duty Manager in rotation with Management Team; may also assume position of Trainer and Cash Controller as needed.
* Trained to cover all operational aspects and roles of the attraction.
* Direct and advise actors on presentations and the delivery in accordance with the vision of the Performance Manager.
* Develop new training workshops to be implemented in training sessions, and assist in the delivery of regular workshops for actors in areas such as character development, physical and vocal performance, improvisation, interaction, scripting and devising/sharing of new ideas, themes and issues.
* Assist in the recruitment and selection of performers within the attraction, helping co-ordinate actor auditions on a regular basis.
* Assist in the control of weekly payroll for staff within the Performance Department.
* Monitor and assist the Displays department with make-up supply levels, decorating for new shows, handle and care for props & costumes, and communicate when an issue or event disrupts the business.
* Monitors the standards of performance, key performance indicators, and guest response to overall product, through observations and guest comments.
* Communicates effectively with all team members on new procedures, policies and information.
* Facilitates the delivery of daily team briefings, as well as scheduled departmental meetings.
* Actively encourages and supports new and innovative ideas from all Team Members on how to improve the business.
* Ensures communication within the entire Operations and Performance Management Team is flowing freely at all times; allowing appropriate feedback to makes it way to all departments and Managers; including GM, Human Resources, Displays, Sales & Marketing, etc.
* Actively serves as a knowledgeable ambassador of Merlin’s core values and constantly encourages the Team to live and breathe the Merlin Way.
* Experience in management and/or trainer lead role
* Excellent communication and motivational skills
* Experience of maintaining flexibility and the highest level of service in high-pressure situations
* Great organization skills and ability to multi-task, detail-oriented and self-starter
* Ability to work with people from all levels of discipline, of varying ages, personalities and backgrounds
* Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
* Minimum 1 years supervisory/management experience in the entertainment industry; including a visitor attraction, theme park, museum, or theater environment
* Experience in the development of individuals and teams
About The Benefits
* Medical, Dental, Vision
* Flexible hours
* 30% discount in the retail store
* Merlin Magic Pass which give you free admission to all Merlin attractions worldwide
* Employee Assistance Program
* Discounts through the Merlin Marketplace Website – on almost anything you buy online
* Discounts through Plum Benefits – on tons of ticketed events
* 30% discount at Skechers.com and Skechers stores
* FUN working environment and much more!
The San Francisco Dungeon is an experience that will inform and entertain, is scary but fun, that sees the funny side of horror and is grippingly captivating. Humor sets Dungeons apart with this actor-led live shows as it trawls through history and brings every visitor face-to-face with the chilling truth of our past.
Merlin Entertainments is a business built on fun. We are the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator. We operate over 100 attractions, eight hotels and three holiday villages in 22 countries across four continents and we run some of the best known names in global leisure. These include the likes of SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, the Dungeons, the Eye brand, and LEGOLAND. Whether you are serving delicious food, working in the office, maintaining the attractions, entertaining guest or operating rides, the objective is to provide a truly memorable experience and a great day out for all members of the family.
Job opportunities with Merlin Entertainments
Location: London, United Kingdom
brand: The Dungeons
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
brand: Alton Towers Theme Park
Location: Staffordshire, United Kingdom
brand: Legoland Discovery Centre
Location: Kansas City, MO, United States
brand: Madame Tussauds
Location: New York, NY, United States
brand: Madame Tussauds
Location: Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA, United States
brand: Sea Life
Location: Orlando, FL, United States
brand: Legoland Discovery Centre
Location: Boston, MA, United States